Monday, July 13, 2009

Some thoughts on Chile...

This past month in Providence I have felt stuck in between two places. Having already left home for the next 8 months yet still not at my final destination I am in limbo. The waiting continues even after I arrive tomorrow in Santiago because I will have another month of waiting for orientation before I move find out my school placement and what city I will be actually living in. All that I have been told is that I will be in the Bio-Bio Region which is around 250 miles south of Santiago and the second most populous region of Chile.

When I imagine what it will be like in Chile, I have one image of living in a rural location where I have only the barest necessities and a conflicting image of living in an enormous metropolitan hub which I have read about Buenos Aires and Santiago. It will most likely be somewhere in between.


No comments:

Post a Comment