Monday, July 13, 2009

What can you accomplish in 7 months?

Being the night before I leave, I thought it would be good for me to set out my goals before I leave:
1) Become comfortable with speaking Spanish (or at least Chilean Spanish)
2) Learn as much as I can about Chile’s history (especially life under Pinochet’s dictatorship)
3) Master some tasty Chilean recipes (empanadas, a seafood dish or two, etc.)
4) Develop an understanding of the Chilean education system to compare and contrast with the US
5) Travel the entire length of the country
6) Find out what it means to be Chileano.
7) Finish my grad school apps (the first is due 12/1)



http://www.worldteach.org/programs/chile_year/

1 comment:

  1. so excited for your adventure! can't wait to hear all about it! safe travels!

    ReplyDelete